- 1 Box Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 1 Package (10oz.) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (I used mini marshmallows, but the size is totally optional. You could even used colored ones for a cute spring theme)
- M&Ms or any hard coated candy (again I opted for mini, but you don't have to if you don't want to)
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Easter Egg Molds (I just used some plastic Easter eggs I had around the house) TIP: I found it a little time consuming to make this with only two egg molds, so if you have more, use them!
BEFORE YOU START:
- Wash and butter egg molds
- In a large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of butter on low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Once melted remove pan from heat
- Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies and stir until evenly coated
- Press Rice Krispies into the egg molds, forming a hollow egg shape (you're going to want to butter your fingers so the treats don't stick to your hands)
- Put them into the freezer for about 3-5 minutes
- When they are hard, take a toothpick and gently pop the egg out of the mold
- Add candy and carefully press the two sides together, creating a candy filled egg!
- Repeat until you've used all of your Rice Krispies treats
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and have a great Easter!