How Far is Too Far?
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
Whales Baked Snack Crackers (inspired by the whale in Pinocchio)
I'll Wait For You by Moriah Peters
(After you've read the passage at the top of this post, answer these questions. You can write them down in your Little Faith Book if you'd like!)
- What is this passage saying?
- What verse really stood out to you? Feel free to doodle it!
- What should we abstain (or stay away) from?
- How can you take what you learned in this passage and make it a part of your life?
A girl recently sent this question to me:
Any sexual activity outside of marriage is too far. Matthew 5:28 says, "But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart." That goes for us ladies, too. Even thinking about a guy in a sexual way is a sin in God's eyes.
Let's take a look at Pinocchio. Whenever he went against his creator, Geppetto, he had pretty big problems in his life. In the same way, any step that we take away from purity is a step away from our Creator.
(The part of the Bible study where you can interact, encourage and discuss your thoughts with other girls! Join the discussion here or on Instagram.)
- Do you have a set of boundaries with boys that you will not cross? If so, what are they?
- Have you ever been tempted to go too far with a boy? How did you deal with it or how can you do better in the future?